Monday, June 2, 2008

Day 6

Hmmm...I didn't get around to recording what I ate today. We were very busy with church things, and I try to spend less time on the computer on Sundays (at least until night time). All my meals were raw today, but the in between times weren't good. I am learning a lot about my food habits though. Yesterday at the birthday party I started thinking: the only reason I really wanted that food was because everyone else was eating it. If it had been a birthday party with all raw foods, I would have been equally as tempted. It was just that I wanted to EAT.
And, I have noticed, that when I am really and truly hungry, not eating for some other reason (boredom, stress, etc.), pretty much anything sounds good...but when I am eating for a reason other than hunger, I want something specific, a "craving", if you will.

Anyway, this whole raw food thing would be so much easier if more people around me were eating raw too. Food is SO SOCIAL. But, because everyone around me is eating junk, it ends up feeling like its me versus them. And I am the freak. :)

And another thing. I am getting really, really, REALLY frustrated with this weight thing. I mean, give me a break!! I have been trying to lose this weight for three years! I am eating raw fruits and vegetables!!! What else can I do?! Argh!
Well, I can up my exercise, for sure. I am going to focus on adding more exercise in this week. It is just so frustrating when so many gals around me can give birth, and be back in their regular clothes in two weeks...while I have to watch every bite I eat and still not lose weight. I just don't get what i am doing wrong.

Anywho, sorry for the rant. This is me being transparent. :)

It is technically day 7 (it's 3:30 AM) and I am going to really focus on eating well today and getting more exercise. Tonight is going to be another challenging night, food wise, as my family is coming over to celebrate Bauer's first birthday (a few days early). I am going to be serving a lot of raw foods, so maybe it won't be too bad. I think I am going to make some of those fudge balls that Sara was talking about in the comments from yesterday (thank you Sara, you are too good to me!) to munch on while everyone else is eating cupcakes.

I may take a break from the scale for a few days after I do a one week weigh in tomorrow. Maybe I should only weigh once a week. That way I won't get frustrated when the scale reflects the natural day to day fluctuations. I am going to think about it.

But for now, I am going to bed....

No comments: