Sunday, August 23, 2009

WEEK ONE WRAP UPThis picture is to show you the blessing and curse of being married to a food salesman. Matt walked in with this box of french bread earlier this week. I don't know if you can tell from this picture, but after the box was emptied, my almost 4 year old hid down inside it. That's how big it was. I was so proud of myself for giving it all away...then the hubby came home and informed me that there were 9 more boxes!
Later this week I am going to take a bunch of food samples to the food bank in town. I have to get this junk food out of my house! The upside to being married to a man in Matt's profession is when I do need something, I can usually get it for cheaper than the store. For example, this week he ordered me 4 pounds of organic spinach for $16. I had paid $3.28 for 9 ounces of spinach at the grocery store earlier in the week, so buying it in bulk from Matt is about 1/3 less.
I have been INHALING sugar this week. Seriously, I don't know what my problem is. I can't remember the last time I have eaten so much sugar in a day. I am starting afresh tomorrow and am going to get really serious about cutting out the refined sugar. Sure, it will probably be tough for a day or 2 but then the cravings should ease off.
I didn't record Thursday-today, partly b/c it was just more of the same and partly b/c my DSL was being feisty a couple of days and I didn't feel like messing with it. BUT, I did lose 2.5 pounds this week, so that was exciting. Maybe if I can kick this sugar habit this week, I will have another big weight loss week.
So, have any weight loss tips you want to share with me? What single thing has made the biggest difference in your weight loss journey?

No comments: