Sunday, August 23, 2009

MAKIN' A PLAN

So, while last week wasn't a flop, there was PLENTY of room for improvement, which I plan to make this week. My mini-goal is to be at 165 by the time I can start running in 11 days. A little ambitious but perhaps doable. We shall see.

Here's what I did RIGHT last week:
-had a green smoothie every day, usually for breakfast
-had a salad with/for lunch or dinner 6 out of 7 days
-no soda

What I could IMPROVE:
-CUT OUT REFINED SUGAR. I colossally failed at this last week. But I have a plan. I have just taken all the sweets/junk and removed them from the pantry. Out of sight, out of mind. Secondly, I am making a list of foods without refined sugar that I can have instead. It's all about the plan! Here's the short list of my go-to snack foods.
-frozen grapes (these are my favorite food when I am wanting something sweet. They are SO GOOD)
-bananas
-apples
-popcorn with olive oil and sea salt
-hot tea with honey
-roasted almonds
-Ezekiel Granola with frozen mixed berries and honey
-Ezekiel Cinnamon Raisin Bread

And while I am on the subject of plans, here is my (tentative) running plan:
9-4-09: Start back the Couch to 5K Running Plan
11-21(?)-09: Turkey Trot 5K through downtown. Last year I ran it in 27:34. This year I will probably aim for under 30 minutes, since I will have just been running for two months, after almost a year off.
12-5-09: Enmark Savannah River Bridge Run 10K (goal is to do it in under an hour)
2-6-10: Critz Tybee half marathon (this is a big maybe, dependent on how quickly I am able to get back into shape)

Long term goal is to continue to build my speed and endurance over the summer of 2010, then run another half marathon in the fall and train through the winter to run a marathon in the spring of 2011. Of course, all this could change, based on how quickly I get back in shape, what other things are going on in our lives, etc. But I like to have a basic idea of what I am aiming for, even if it does have to change a little along the way.

No comments: